EatWisconsin

Welcome to EatWisconsin, the blog formerly known as Undelicious. This blog will focus on the food, the people, the history, and restaurants in the State of Wisconsin. Though we will focus primarily on the State of Wisconsin, there will be occasional forays into other Cities.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Best Burgers Ever


If you like spicy food and you like hamburgers, you will love this simple recipe. I cannot take credit for inventing it. That honor goes to my friend Aaron. He kept telling me how good they were, but I never really believed him because when I lived with him all he ate was Hamburger Helper and frozen pizzas. A while back I was making burgers and had a small handful of ground round left over. Not enough to make a burger, but too much to throw away. I drenched it in the Sriracha Asian hot sauce, seasoned with salt and pepper, and grilled it up. When I tasted it I was amazed. It was hot as hell, yet not overwhelming. The flavor of the burger came through and the sugars in the sauce caramelized the exterior of the burger, resulting in one of the juiciest, tastiest burgers I have ever tasted.

The only modification I have made from Aaron’s recipe is to season the exterior with some Penzey’s mild Cajun seasoning. You could use hot, but it is simply overkill. The Sriracha does a good enough job providing heat.

What you need:

Ground round (not to fatty, not to lean)
Sriracha hot sauce
Salt, Pepper and Cajun Seasoning (or seasoned salt like Lawry’s)
Buns
Cheese
Fire

Take whatever amount of beef you have and put it in a bowl. Squeeze a ton of hot sauce over the meat and mix with your hands or a fork. The meat should be drenched in hot sauce. If necessary, add more. You want to add enough to make sure that the meat has reached the point of saturation. If you want to try the meat, cook up a mini meatball sized hunk of meat and taste it.

Make patties, season, cook, enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home