EatWisconsin

Welcome to EatWisconsin, the blog formerly known as Undelicious. This blog will focus on the food, the people, the history, and restaurants in the State of Wisconsin. Though we will focus primarily on the State of Wisconsin, there will be occasional forays into other Cities.

Friday, March 03, 2006

MKE Online Review - Skylight Room at Bjonda

About a year ago I took a cooking class taught by Ryan Whiteman of Bjonda and the Skylight Room in Wauwatosa. He taught the class how to make some of their menu items. I have to say I was blown away with the food he prepared. The best of which was a tuna tartare with some wasabi crème freche. I can still taste the fresh rich flavor of the fich offset with the kick of wasabi. He also prepared a scallop and asparagus with truffle oil which was also incredible as well as some of the best pork tenderloin I have ever tasted. I have recreated these at home a few times but have yet to visit Bjonda or the Skylight Room. In fact I haven’t been in this place since it was Jolly’s on Harwood. After reading the review on MKEonline (who have yet to respond to my e-mail trying to get onboard as a threeview reviewer) I realize that I need to eat there soon.
Some other good reviews for Bjonda:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home