EatWisconsin

Welcome to EatWisconsin, the blog formerly known as Undelicious. This blog will focus on the food, the people, the history, and restaurants in the State of Wisconsin. Though we will focus primarily on the State of Wisconsin, there will be occasional forays into other Cities.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Gloating

Yours truly won the Gastrologica Chili Cookoff contest. I was going to post this before, but I was ignoring my posting duties at that time. Anyhow, here is the link: Gastrologica Chili Cookoff Recipe


Its just a recipe that my wife and I have developed over the past year or so. I am not a professional cook unless you count a stint at Ponderosa cooking "steak" (I use the term loosely) or a job as a grill cook at some half-assed attempt an an "nice" restaurant in college. Oh and I did learn the art of pizza making working at a pizza parlor...and I did work at my college dorm cafeteria as a cook, server, and student manager where I mastered the art of making large vats of industrial grade brown gravy and pasta sauce...and how could I forget how I got my start, working the line at McDonalds. Shit, I do have a lot of restaurant experience.


For those who don't know, Gastrologica is a food website/e-magazine (don't call it a blog or Steve Wasser will kill you) and a weekly podcast featuring Steve Wasser, culinary hack and Dan Cincis, Executive Chef at the Calabasas Country Club in California. It is one of the most entertaining podcasts out there and they even offer an uncensored version called Playing With Fire. If you listen closely, you will hear an occasional "Fuck You Jeff" as I encouraged them to quit fucking censoring their show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home