EatWisconsin

Welcome to EatWisconsin, the blog formerly known as Undelicious. This blog will focus on the food, the people, the history, and restaurants in the State of Wisconsin. Though we will focus primarily on the State of Wisconsin, there will be occasional forays into other Cities.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I’m sorry brisket, please forgive me.

Last night I had an epiphany and its name was brisket. I have never really understood why BBQ aficionados had such a fascination with the brisket. Every brisket I have had has been overcooked, tough, and dry. The only brisket that I have truly enjoyed was didn’t even come from the BBQ universe. It was from Benji’s Deli in Shorewood. So last night I met some friends at Q – Real American Food for dinner. We had some of their smoked BBQ chicken wings (more on those later) and I had a ½ slab of Kansas City ribs. I was getting full so I offered to share my ribs with my buddies. One friend gave me a slice of his brisket and when I really looked at it I could tell it was different. It glistened with moisture and almost looked like a slice of juicy NY Strip Steak. Most brisket I’ve had has been dry and gray. One bite and I became a brisket convert. It was great. A crunchy crust and a tender, juicy, smoky inside. Though Q offers four great sauces to go with their meats, this brisket needed nothing though I admit to trying a bite with some of their Sprecher BBQ sauce.

Now I am infatuated and interested in brisket. Once it warms up, that is the first thing I am slapping on my smoker.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger BeanoCook said…

    How could you no know about the delights of brisket and at the same time profess a love for Pastrami?

    you are a food rube.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home