EatWisconsin

Welcome to EatWisconsin, the blog formerly known as Undelicious. This blog will focus on the food, the people, the history, and restaurants in the State of Wisconsin. Though we will focus primarily on the State of Wisconsin, there will be occasional forays into other Cities.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Another Milwaukee Food Blogger?

While reading Ann Christenson's weekly "Dish On Dining" I saw that there was a new food blog in Milwaukee called Taste of the Town. Edited by Audra Shalles, who was relocated from Dallas Texas. While a little Google investigating did reveal that she is actually doing the blog for Visit Milwaukee, much like the Play In The City blog, so I would guess you are not going to find the ranting and harsh criticism that I dish out, which is fine. I am guessing that Visit Milwaukee issued some kind of a press release and that is how Milwaukee Magazine "discovered" her blog. Maybe I need more publicity. Perhaps I should take a cue from Steve Wasser of Gastrologica and print up some business cards and leave them where the foodies lurk...Milwaukee Public Market, Metro Market, West Allis Farmer's Market and Outpost.

There is plenty of space for all kinds of different food blogs. I do miss Adventures of A Foodie, who retired at the end of 2005. Looking back at his posts, with all of the sweets that guy ate, I would guess maintaining the blog wasn't too great for the waistline. Anyhow his archives are still available and he has reviewed a ton of restaurants. I guess I kind of thought of Jason as Wisconsin's version of the Amateur Gourmet.

I am a little bitter that she actually won the MKE Blog of the Week. I was nominated one week, but lost. Bastards!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Mrs. M. said…

    I know of two more Milwaukee food blogs: Haverchuk (haverchuk.blogspot.com) and (tooting my own horn here) Yulinka Cooks (yulinkacooks.blogspot.com).

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Thanks for the updates. I will add them to my links.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Mrs. M. said…

    Jeff,

    I’m glad you’re back to blogging on a regular basic. I found your blog a few months ago thanks to a comment in one of Dennis Getto’s online chats.

    Thanks for the linking to me. But fyi..the link to my blog is broken.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Thanks - the link is fixed.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    I'm 5'6", 118 lbs, 8% body fat, and have a 30" waist! Thanks for the kinds words.

    Adventures of a Foodie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home